Road Traffic Accident (RTA) Solicitors & Compensation Claims

Here at Pilkington Shaw, we understand that road traffic accidents can be extremely distressing for victims and their families. It isn’t only drivers of cars on the road; motorbikes, passengers, cyclists, and pedestrians can also be involved in a road traffic accident that wasn’t their fault and may be entitled to personal injury compensation.

What to do if I’ve had a car accident?

The first step to finding out whether you can claim for a road traffic accident is to have a chat with our professional and helpful advisors. They will be able to guide you through the process from start to finish and answer all of the specific questions you may have. After we gather the details of your accident from you, we’ll then aim to assess as quickly as possible whether you’re able to claim for your injuries. If so, we’ll be with you for every step of your compensation journey.

How do I make an RTA claim?

Whether it is whiplash claims or claims for other injuries sustained within a road traffic accident, the process is fairly similar. After you have called the team here at Pilkington Shaw to report your RTA, we will go about making sure we first have all the information we need, and then match you to the best road traffic accident solicitor within our team for your case, who will be able to take your case forward.

Many of the questions we receive involving road traffic accident compensation are ‘how long does it take’ type questions. Unfortunately, we’re unable to give one definitive answer that fits all cases, as each one is totally is different and there is no ‘one size fits all’ approach to this process. Straightforward cases can be agreed in just a few months, whereas other, more complex claims can go on for over a year. For more information about your specific case, the best thing to do is to get in touch with us directly.  

How much is an RTA claim worth?

The amount of compensation that you’re entitled to can vary significantly in relation to the injuries that you have sustained. Here at Pilkington Shaw, we’re the absolute experts when it comes to getting you the maximum amount of compensation for all types of injuries resulting from RTAs, whether this is a minor whiplash or a life-changing injury.

The most common form of injury from a road traffic accident is whiplash, however, this can also vary in severity, meaning the payout you will receive will typically be affected by how severe your injuries are.

Help if you’re in a RTA - As a driver or passenger 

If you are a driver and have been in a road traffic accident and it wasn’t your fault, you may be entitled to compensation. If there is a dispute about who is at fault for the accident, you should contact a personal injury solicitor as you may still be eligible to claim for personal injury compensation.

Passengers injured in a road traffic accident may also be entitled to compensation and should speak to a personal injury solicitor.

If a road traffic accident is caused by cyclists or pedestrians you may still be able to claim for personal injury compensation, even though it is unlikely that they would have insurance, so you should speak to a personal injury solicitor for more information.

Road Traffic Accidents - Uninsured Drivers

Uninsured Driver Car insurance is a legal requirement - however there are currently one million uninsured drivers on Britain's roads. The Uninsured Drivers Scheme and the Untraced Drivers Scheme dictate that the Motor Insurers Bureau (MIB) must provide compensation to those who have suffered injuries or loss as a result of an accident caused by an uninsured driver or an untraceable driver. MIB settles about 25,000 claims a year. If you have been injured in an accident that was not your fault, with an uninsured driver or a hit and run, you may still be able to claim personal injury compensation.

Here at Pilkington Shaw we provide our services with compassion and understanding, using all of the expertise that we have to get the outcome that you deserve. Get in touch today to find out how we can help you. 

How much do road traffic accident claims usually settle for?

The amount of settlement in a personal injury claim is varied on each individual case. Each case will be valued based on the extent of the individuals’ pain, suffering and loss of amenity.

How can I prove my pain and suffering from a road accident?

We will obtain a medical report from a medical expert who is qualified to assess your injuries following the road traffic accident. They will then produce a report which is used as a basis for your claim. These medical reports can still obtained if you are no longer suffering with your injuries.

How long does it take to get a settlement offer from a car accident?

This varies on a case by case basis as many factors affect the length of time. We would generally expect a normal claim to resolve within 1 year.

How much money can a passenger in a car accident get?

A passenger claim is not valued any differently than a driver claim. The amount of settlement will vary based on the injuries sustained and the duration that these injuries were suffered for.

Get in touch today
and start your journey