Are you a tenant renting a council or local housing authority property, or renting from a private landlord, and your property is in need of repair?

You may be able to claim compensation for damage to your health, your belongings, the inconvenience of not being able to use your home in the usual way, as well as forcing your landlord to carry out repairs to your property.

If you have a disrepair or infestation problem, you should first report it to your landlord and allow 21 days for them to respond.

If you have told your landlord about a disrepair problem and they didn’t act, then our dedicated team of housing lawyers will be able to advise you.

Any initial advice is entirely free, with no obligation. We can advise you as to the merits of any potential claim and the next steps. If you wish to proceed we may be able to act for you on a ‘No Win No Fee Basis’


Typical examples of housing disrepair:

  • Loose slates or tiles on a roof. This may lead to water and draught ingress and/or damp patches
  • Cracks in the external walls, enabling water, damp or cold air to enter your home
  • Rotten window or door frames allowing water to enter your home
  • Internal walls plaster severely cracked and loose
  • Leaking pipes with staining on ceiling and walls
  • Rotten floorboards that may be smelly and dangerous to walk on
  • Dangerous, faulty electrics
  • Boiler constantly breaking down leaving you with no heating or hot water

The claim process includes writing to your landlord on your behalf and arranging for an independent Chartered Surveyor to inspect your home and prepare a report if your landlord is unwilling to undertake the repairs.

Get in touch today
and start your journey