Employers are legally responsible for the health and safety of their employees while they are at work; a duty of care.
According to the Labour Force Survey, in 2015/16, 621,000 injuries occurred at work.
Your employer should maintain health and safety requirements and ensure that:
- Work premises are free of hazards.
- Employees are sufficiently trained to carry out their role.
- Relevant health and safety training should be provided.
- All equipment used to perform requirements of the role should be safe and well maintained.
- Relevant safety equipment should be provided when needed.
- Risk assessments should be conducted on a regular basis.
It is compulsory that your employer has insurance in place to cover any claims for compensation.
If you have an accident at work that was due to your employer's breach of duty, speak to us for advice on making a claim.