Pilkington Shaw Solicitors | Public Liability
page-template-default,page,page-id-15420,page-child,parent-pageid-15399,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,qode-title-hidden,qode-theme-ver-10.1.2,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-5.1,vc_responsive


If you are on public property and suffer a personal injury that was the fault of another person, you may be able to make a compensation claim against the owner of that property. The owner of the property should have a public liability insurance policy to cover the cost of a compensation claim.


Typical examples of accidents on public property are a slip or trip in the street, fall in the supermarket or accident due to a poorly lit public area.


In any instance of any accident it is always advisable to report the accident to the owner or a member of staff and, if possible, ensure the incident is recorded in an accident book. Take the names and addresses of any witnesses and, if applicable, take photographic evidence of where the accident happened.


Contact us for a free, no-obligation consultation.