Pilkington Shaw Solicitors | Housing Disrepair Claims
page-template,page-template-full_width,page-template-full_width-php,page,page-id-15783,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,qode-title-hidden,qode-theme-ver-10.1.2,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-5.1,vc_responsive

Housing Disrepair

If you are unfortunate enough to find yourself renting a property suffering from a housing disrepair problem you may be entitled to compensation.

If you have told your landlord about the disrepair problem and they don’t act, then our dedicated team of housing lawyers, with over 30 years’ experience, will be able to advise you.

Any initial advice is entirely free, with no obligation and we can then act for you on a ‘No Win No Fee Basis’

We can advise you as to the merits of any potential claim and the next steps, which may include writing on your behalf to your landlord and arranging for an independent Chartered Surveyor to inspect your home and prepare a report.


Typical examples of items of disrepair

  • Loose slates/tiles on roof – water and draught ingress and/or damp patches
  • Cracks in the external walls – allowing water, damp or cold air to enter your home
  • Rotten window or door frames – again allowing water to enter your home
  • Internal walls plaster severely cracked and loose
  • Leaking pipes – staining on ceiling and walls
  • Rotten floorboards –smelly and dangerous to walk on
  • Faulty electrics –dangerous
  • Faulty Boiler – constantly breaking down leaving you with no heating or hot water
For a free no obligation consultation, speak to our Housing Disrepair team today

Although we concentrate on getting your home repaired for you – these claims often also include:


  • Health Issues. If you or your family have suffered any health issues as a result of any disrepair within your home – you may be entitled to compensation
  • General Inconvenience. If you could not properly use and/or enjoy some or most of your home because of the level of disrepair – you may be entitled to compensation
  • Household belongings damaged. If some of your belongings i.e. clothing, bedding, rugs etc., are damaged due to damp caused by disrepair – you may be entitled to also claim for these items.
For a free no obligation consultation, speak to our Housing Disrepair team today